Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Death= Reflection

Whenever you have a family member pass away, whether you were close or not, it leaves a hole, and definetly make you think about life and how you want to live it, and be remembered. My Uncle passed away last week at the age of 63. He lived in BC for most of my life, and growing up I remember him as the "cool" Uncle, the one who had long hair. wore a leather jacket and smoked. Who would come for a visit bring gifts and then as quick as he came, he would be gone again. As we laid hm to rest on Sat afternoon, I was filled with a sad, regret. Sadden for the fact that my mom has lost her big brother, my grandma, her son, and my cousins lost there father. Regret because I really didn't know him. Sure on a superficial level I did, but not when it came to deep matters of the heart, and it got me thinking.



I want EVERY person in my life to know that I loved them and loved deeply. I want them to know that they mattered and that I invested time in them because I chose to. That I was priveliged to be a part of there lives. That they made me want to be a better wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, and friend.



To my Uncle Jim, I wish we had been given more time.......I pray I will see you again someday....I love you xo ox

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful tribute Brandy.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry for your loss. Death is always so certain.
    I pray that someday you will see him as well.

    And may you know that YOU are deeply loved. And you matter. to me.
    Muah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you Brandy and I am truly blessed to have a loving sister in Christ be an important part of my life.
    What a gift from God you and your family are to me.
    xoxoxoxo
    I pray for peace in your heart and in the hearts of your family during this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh I had no idea. So sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete