Sunday, January 10, 2010

Honesty

I find as I approach the big 3-0, my values are changing.....in a good way...I think..


I have never been the confrontational type, infact just the opposite, I was always the one to sweep everything under the rug, anything to keep the peace...that is until lately. The Lord has been pressing me to be honest, not so much with myself, but in my relationships with others. I have learned that if I want others to be honest with me, I better be ready to step up to the plate.

The other day as I was driving to work and listening to UCB, the speaker was talking about... yep, you guesssed it honesty(I beleive the Lord has a great sense of humour) the one thing that spoke to me and that has resonated with me this week is this"100% truth without GRACE is brutality, 100% grace without TRUTH is hypocrisy."



This is what I will strive for daily, this is my new journey....

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What a powerful quote.
    It's so hard to be honest sometimes.
    I appreciate the fact that we never want to hurt others but when we are not honest does that become enablement or better yet do we hold it in and it turns to resentment,anger and just plain hurt.I am learning when we choose to hold things in so we don't hurt others effects my spirituality and walk with God.
    Fine line to walk sometimes, but that powerful quote sure shines a light on how we should deliver honesty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finding a balance can be a difficult journey. Like you, I have been the peacekeeper. However, for the sake of my own well-being, I have had to learn to allow myself to be emotional. Being honest begins with being honest with yourself - some deep thinking, giving yourself permission to grow. I'll warn you though ... some people only want the 'peacekeeper' .... when you get honest with yourself first and then with others you might find they distance themselves from you.

    Still on my journey to become all He wants me to be ....

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete